Up to Rs. 1 lakh per month
- The amount of Fellowship per month would depend upon whether the research fellow is gainfully employed and is getting salary for his current employment in a Research Organisation or is getting only this fellowship. The Fellowship amount would also depend on the following
- Qualifications and Experience of the Candidate.
- Proven Track Record as evident from the innovations done in the past, Quality of Publications and Recognitions.
- Relevance and Importance of the Research Topic for the common man.
- In addition, the Research Fellow will also get a Contingency grant of a maximum of Rs. 10 lakhs per year, the quantum of which will also depend upon the need of such contingency funding. The contingency grant will take care of the actual contingent expenditure incurred in pursuance of the 'Research and Innovation' work. This amount can be used for the following.
- For acquisition of Books, Documents of relevance to the project as approved by the Head of Department/Host Institution.
- For publication of articles/papers in reputed journals and filing for patents connected with this research work.
- To meet petty expenses for the purchase of chemicals, reagents, stationery, postage, Registration fee for attending workshops/conferences.
- For travel expenses including one foreign travel/foreign attachment during the entire research project period. The approval for foreign travel/foreign attachment will be given by SJ Foundation on the recommendation of the Host Institution. Travel within the country should be within AC 3 tier sleeper class.
Contingent grant cannot be used on furniture, office equipments including Computers, laptops etc. It is not meant to augment the infrastructure facilities in the host institution.The use of contingency grant will be governed by guidelines issued from time to time by SJ Foundation.
The Fellowship will be sanctioned to the individual(s) who are either attached or are going to be attached to the Institutions which have the infrastructure facilities for the type of research work to be undertaken, besides guidance and supervision of the Fellow doing the Research. A certificate to this effect has to be obtained by the applicant from the Host Institution which should be submitted with his application to SJ Foundation. The application should be sent through the Host Institution duly recommended by the Head of the Dept.
- The Host Institution will get Rs. 4 lakhs per year per Research Fellow as overhead expenditure and for monitoring, supervising and controlling the fellow and the expenditure of funds to ensure that the funds are properly utilised and are not misused and to avoid extravagance.